Dual Study Program & Practical Semester
Are you looking for a combination of theory and practice? Then a dual study programme is just the right thing for you! The 3-month alternation between studies at the DHBW and the practical phase in the company allows you to directly implement the specialist knowledge you have acquired.
Students of surface technology, materials science or chemistry have the chance to spend a practical semester with us. On the one hand, of course, to get a taste of practical experience. On the other hand, to work on a Bachelor's or Master's thesis under the best possible conditions and qualified supervision.
We want to develop our apprentices, like our students, into truly sought-after professionals in the market. This means that we set high standards for our training and thus demand a high level of commitment.
We reward this commitment with various benefits that also go beyond the standard:
- Individual training plan and support
- Professional and personal development training courses
(performance-based English courses, various IT trainings, business etiquette, team-building units, etc.)
- Travel allowance
- Free lunch in the in-house canteen
- Trainee and company excursions
- Representation of apprentice interests by JAV (Youth and Apprentice Representation)
- Very good social benefits
- Training allowance according to collective agreement
Business Administration - Industry
International Business B.A.
Enjoy administrative tasks, such as the development and implementation of concepts in an industrial production environment.
Business Administration - International
International Business B.A.
Enjoy administrative tasks in an international production environment using the English language.
- Collaboration on projects, project analysis, project implementation
- Getting to know databases and operating systems
- Internal and external, written and oral communication in German or English
- Preparation of presentations and evaluations
- Accounting and controlling
- Human Resources
- Operations Offices of the Production Departments
Duration of training
or 6 semesters
- During your practical semester, you will get to know the engineering work in the field of chemistry and surface technology in detail.
- As a Bachelor or Master candidate, you have the opportunity to write your thesis with us. In our departments offer a wide range of scientific topics for independent work on your bachelor's or master's thesis. Experts from our company will assist you with the implementation.
Duration of practical semester
At least 1 semester
(or at least 3 months)
Contact & Application
Sounds interesting, but do you still have questions about the programmes on offer? Maybe a look at our answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) or our education channels on Facebook or Instagram will help. Otherwise, Steffen Barth, our contact person for studies, is looking forward to hearing from you.
If everything is clear, we look forward to receiving your application!
Either send documents:
Umicore Galvanotechnik GmbH
73525 Schwaebisch Gmuend (Germany)
or by mail to:
or directly on our online platform:
DHBW Heidenheim / Business Administration - Industry
DHBW Heidenheim / Business Administration - International